I swear these pancakes can make any day taste like sunday. This gluten-free stack is fluffy, ligth, and naturally sweet
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup mashed banana (1/2 medium banana)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup gluten – freebaking flour
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (more for serving)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- splash coconut oil or olive oil, for greasing
1. In a high-speed blender, combine the almond milk, mashed banana, coconut flour, gluten -free baking flour, natural peanut butter, maple syrup, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Blend until smooth.
2. Lightly grease a large non stick skillet with coconut oil over medium heat. Give the batter a good stir, then pour the batter into the pan in 2 heaping tablespoon portions, cooking 2 or 3 at a time. Cook until littlle tiny bubbles cover the surface of the pancakes and the bottom is golden brown, About2 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until also golden brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes more. Add more oil to the pan as needed to keep the pancakes from sticking.
3. To keep pancakes warm while cooking: preheat the oven to 200F/100C. Tranfe the pancakes to the prepared baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven while you ook the remaining pancakes.